IPL Hair Reduction
Intense pulsed light (IPL) offers a gentle, non-invasive solution to unwanted hair on the face, back, legs, bikini line or any other body area. Based on technology used for nearly a decade, IPL has long been a solution for safe and effective elimination of unwanted hair. During this procedure, hair-filled follicles lying below the surface of the skin absorb highly controlled flashes of light. The absorbed light heats the hair, which damages or destroys the regrowth potential of the follicle, all without damaging the surrounding skin tissue.
Patients considering IPL Hair Reduction should be aware:
- IPL technology has been proven to create a permanent reduction in the number of regrowing hairs following each treatment in most skin types.
- The number of treatments required depends on several factors related to your specific kind of hair and skin.
- A customised treatment program will be designed for you along with an estimate of how many treatments you may need in order to meet your expectations.
- Side effects are rare and resolved quickly.
- Limiting sun exposure and the use of sunscreen is essential before and after each treatment to minimise the risk of complications.
- There is no 'down time' with IPL treatments; you can generally return to work and resume regular activities immediately.
We offer a complimentary consultation to assess your hair reduction goals and the costs involved.