Pregnancy, nursing, excessive weight loss or gain, and the natural ageing process can cause breasts to lose their natural elasticity. Breasts may begin to sag or hang. A breast lift can take years off your body by correcting a drooping bust line and restoring your curves to their youthful state.
Patients considering a breast lift should be aware:
- A breast lift is commonly performed for women unhappy about loss of firmness.
- This procedure reshapes and improves the contour of sagging breasts and raises downward-pointing nipples.
- The procedure takes 1-2 hours to complete and can be performed in conjunction with breast augmentation if necessary.
- Bruising, tightness and swelling after surgery is normal.
- These side effects subside as the breasts begin to heal (usually between 4-6 weeks), during which time a supportive bra must be worn.
To learn more about breast lift, and to make an appointment with Dr Brown please contact our practice today.