A browlift can make the face look years younger by tightening and lifting forehead skin, thereby softening lines and decreasing the hooding around eyes. The end result is a more refreshed, youthful appearance.
Patients considering an endoscopic browlift should be aware:
- During an endoscopic browlift, between two and five incisions are made in the hairline.
- The tissues are then elevated, the skin is lifted and the brow pulled upwards.
- The skin and underlying muscles are lifted and tightened, causing the brow to lift.
- These are then anchored and the tiny incision is closed over.
- The brow will heal in the new position.
- The endoscopic brow lift is often combined with other facial cosmetic procedures, including facelift and blepharoplasty.
- Recovery is usually 1-2 weeks. Local swelling and bruising is expected and generally settles down within a few days.
- The scars are hidden within the hairline.
To learn more about endoscopic browlift and to make an appointment with Dr Brown, please contact our practice today.