Sun exposure, weight fluctuation, and the natural ageing process can contribute to loosening and sagging skin. This can result in wrinkles, deep jowls and skin laxity. A facelift is a surgical procedure aimed at reducing the laxity in the skin and tightening the muscles and deep tissues under the skin. Fresh, taut skin can make you look years younger!
Patients considering a facelift should be aware:
- The results are dependent on a number of features such as age, lifestyle and sun exposure.
- Prior to surgery we strive to ensure skin is in optimum condition with a skin treatment regime which is individually tailored for you by our skin specialist.
- Facelift is performed under general anaesthetic.
- Swelling, numbness, bruising, and tightness are common after the procedure.
- Postoperative advice is given by our trained nurses and lymphatic massage is commenced on the second week after surgery to decrease swelling.
To learn more about facelift, and to make an appointment with Dr Brown please contact our practice today.